Welcome!

Welcome to the Sacred Heart Youth Ministry blog! Here you will find posts, reflections, and pictures from current and past Mission Trips. We have worked with the Agape Service Project and Esperanza International throughout the past 3 years.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mexico Day 2, Sunday, August 4

Hello my friends in America,
Today was a beautiful, beautiful day in Mexico. We went to the market and we had lots of good positive vibes. It all started out with a good Mass although I couldn't understand, it was still good to worship my Lord across the border with the regulars at the church. We even got to see a Baptism.

Then we went to the market and got lots of cool goods. It was very interesting trying to bargain my prices down and get my souvenirs for cheaper. As i approached my first stand of merchandise i found myself slightly intimidated but at the end of the day I was a champ and came away with some good bargains. I was shocked at how busy it was and overwhelmed by everyone trying to get us to eat at their restaurants.  So all in all it was great and it was a fun and interesting experience.

After a long day of shopping it was fun to end with a karaoke session on the bus with our new friends from St. Michaels.
     This day was delivered to you through the eyes of Michael Williams

Strawberry Tamales at lunch.

The candy shop in Puerto Nuevo.


Doing some shopping.

Do we think they are related?


At the beach at Puerto Nuevo





No comments:

Post a Comment