Welcome!

Welcome to the Sacred Heart Youth Ministry blog! Here you will find posts, reflections, and pictures from current and past Mission Trips. We have worked with the Agape Service Project and Esperanza International throughout the past 3 years.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Agape Day 5 (Thursday)!

Hello amigos, tonight I have a story to share. It's about a lil girl named Maribell and today she brought tears of joy out of me. How? Well in the simplest of forms: a giggle and a thing for beads.  She had a shyness that went away over time, replaced with trust.   Her hug and smile spread a profound happiness inside me. But most of all it was looking into her eyes and seeing myself. A lil girl that's distracted with the simplest things, and had not a worry in the world. And the best part was being surrounded by friends and family that made you feel safe, comfortable, and happy. That all made me look back and see who I am today. I'll be honest I'm not distracted with the simple things anymore, I want the bigger, the newer, the better things. I'm full of worries but are they the right things I should be worrying about?  And the last part, I'm not as close to my family and friends as I used to be, because as I grow up I feel the need to be independent, to show I can do it all by myself.  But then I remembered: didn't I just recently say something about independent people, everybody needing help and anybody deserving it? Well as of right now I realize that I am in fact in need of help. So my question to ponder is: who will I reach out to for help? Only tonight I already have the answer! I will reach out to God, my family, and my friends because together we can accomplish so much more. (:
-Blogger B (is sad to know I'm leaving tomorrow).


Hi Enumclaw this is Chris Williams. Well today was another great day, swimming with the mission team and a BBQ with the migrant workers later on and it was a blast playing dodge ball with them. I can say that I've learned alot of new things like just having your simple needs is exactly all you need but going back to our regular lives we're gonna get more than we need even if its that extra serving of food that could go to some one that needs it more than you do. I'm glad that I had the chance to learn more about the Beatitudes and my favorites one is probably blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called Sons of God. So I'm gald to see if I can come home making some changes.
-Chris Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment